Hello all!! Sorry its been awhile!!
But I’m back with a new recipe not only is it healthy but it was dirt cheap to make this!!! I’ll include the price of the things that we purchased today! ENJOY!!!
5- Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1- Pound of Chicken Breast – Our Local Hy Vee was having a sale on marinated chicken breast
we picked up 2 Cilantro Lime Marinated chicken breast for the price of $4.00.
1/4- Cup of White Wine Vinegar – $ 1.98
2-Tablespoons of fresh thyme, We didn’t find any at our store so we just used some Italian seasoning
1-Teaspoon of Sugar
2- Medium Cucumbers- 0.89 cents each
2- Roma tomatoes – we got 5 paid $2.04
4 oz Feta- $2.98
1/2- Red Onion -0.79
1- Red Bell Pepper – $1.34
1/2 Cup Olives -$1.58
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil over medium heat once skillet is hot throw in chicken, cook for about 8-10 minutes. ( If you are not using pre-marinated chicken, simply season your chicken with salt and pepper to taste)
- While Chicken is cooking use a potato peeler to create thin ribbons of cucumbers.
- Slice tomatoes (we used about 3 roma tomatoes )
- Chop Red Onion and Red Bell Pepper, Once you have chopped up all of your veggies put them all in a big bowl.
- For the sauce- Combine the Remaining Tablespoons of Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar, “Thyme” ( Or Italian Seasoning if you don’t have thyme ) and Sugar. You can either shake all of these ingredients up in a small up or just use the blender and pulse for a few seconds.
- Plate your chicken and veggies, drizzle your sauce over your veggie ribbons and sprinkle your feta on top and add your olives and ENJOY!!!